Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Value of my JK? (pics)

Hi guys, I'm considering parting ways with my Hydro Blue companion again.
It's a 2015 with 16k miles. I ordered it with the premium soft top, 3.73 gears, AC and satellite radio as the only options. Today, it sits as pictured with the mods listed in my signature line. It's in excellent shape and needs nothing, no accidents, clean title.

What do you guys think? Any idea of a number? Most for sale are Unlimiteds so I'm struggling to tie a value to it. Anyone in the market for something similar that can share insights from shopping for a modified JK? Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Low mileage late model JKs are hard to find in my area now. I shopped used for months and finally just decided to by new. If this were at a dealer in my area I would think the asking would be 26-27K.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low mileage late model JKs are hard to find in my area now. I shopped used for months and finally just decided to by new. If this were at a dealer in my area I would think the asking would be 26-27K.
Thanks. So in your opinion, $24-25k private party?

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Do you still have the stock parts?

If so you would most likely do better returning it to stock and selling the parts separately.

Mods rarely add much value to a vehicle, if any. Best case figure 50% of their original cost.

In some cases they detract from the value as people are wary of mods that were previously installed.

With those miles, take it by a Carmax and see what they offer.

You may be surprised.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you still have the stock parts?

If so you would most likely do better returning it to stock and selling the parts separately.

Mods rarely add much value to a vehicle, if any. Best case figure 50% of their original cost.

In some cases they detract from the value as people are wary of mods that were previously installed.

With those miles, take it by a Carmax and see what they offer.

You may be surprised.
I don't, but even if I did, I don't have the heart to neuter it back to this poor thing:

Maybe I'll see what Carmax would offer, but I'm not overly optimistic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's worth more with the mods... Those are not extreme/hacked up/beat up on rocks.

That's what I was going to do, mod an Sport or S, but couldn't find one.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's worth more with the mods... Those are not extreme/hacked up/beat up on rocks.

That's what I was going to do, mod an Sport or S, but couldn't find one.
That's why I bought new. I actually looked for about three months for a used one that met my specs and finally gave in and ordered a basic one to build up. It's been a great rig, just may need something a bit more polished, sadly.

·
Registered
192 Posts
every time I see those stock rims, I want to barf... worst looking rims ever.

nice looking Jeep now tho. Good luck with the sale.

-Dirk

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
do a NADA check and you will get somewhere between high book and trade value. add up your parts and dectuct 50-60% and that should give you a fair value to look for. One thing is your market will determine the value. Also if you list it too high it wont sell and if too low it will sell right away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts