Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WRANGLER

Is it the Jeep or the person? Or is it a little bit of both?

Reason I ask-find myself doing the wave weather I'm driving my wrangler or the wife's compass. Wife thinks I'm nuts and I kinda get the idea the other wrangler drivers do also, but it has become 2nd nature to wave when i see another wrangler no matter what i'm driving. Hate to admit it, but have caught myself doing it in the summer, on the tractor, cutting the grass.
Anyone else catch themselves doing the same or am I that far over the edge??

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I think the vehicle is a reflection of the person.

In some cases, it tells you about who the driver is.

In some cases, it tells you about who the driver WISHES they were.

While not universally true, I find that especially in the US, vehicle selection is a means of self expression. Consciously or subconsciously.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Vroooom said:

While not universally true, I find that especially in the US, vehicle selection is a means of self expression. Consciously or subconsciously.
I agree with Dr. Phil.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Vroooom said:

X2

I really believe you can tell a lot about a person by the vehicle they drive.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
it's a state of being... the jeep is a utility vehicle which really
personifies a you see what you get reality, it is what it
is - mind set, they're bumpy, loud and friggin awesome.. I
wave to Jeeper's - wranglers xj's zj's jk's what ever...
I find though it's usually the TJ's that wave back... I think
to many RUJ's are in the JK's and haven't got a clue...

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
My Jeep is a vehicle that drives me from point A to point B in a lot of adverse conditions. It happens to be appealing visually.

That's about all I can really feel about it. Yeah it's great, but I'm not defined by my vehicle. Sure it might fit me, but I picked it. So of course it does. I've never been one to foam at the mouth over a vehicle.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I wave back at tractors, liberties, and even civics...

If their jeeper enough to wave by habit, they deserve a return wave no matter what they're driving at the moment ;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
I find myself not waving much anymore, and usually only if the other person initiates it. I believe this is due to too many jacka$$, inconsiderate drivers around here. I avoid the freeways at all costs else I would want to kill everyday. And yes, I know where I live the traffic is not as bad as other places. All I can say is I would kill if I lived there. :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Jeep Wave

Though it was really initiated for those with Wranglers, those who don't have a Wrangler have little to no clue as to the Jeep wave. There's an old internet posting of the Jeep Wrangler Wave Hierarchy that details an entire wave protocol. But, sadly, most newer Jeepers haven't heard of it as I see regularly on the road as I wave. I really think it needs to be explained at the dealership before anyone purchasing a new Wrangler leaves the lot. It's the equivalent of the Harley-Davidson rider who waves with his hand down at his side as he passes one of the same. It's recognition, in our case, that Wrangler owners are in a unique league of their own.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I wave when I'm not in my jeep... you should see the look you get back when waving from a solstice.. lol

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
When i'm in the jeep i'll wave at other jeeps and motorcycles (when its motorcycle season sometimes i forget to just wave and instead hit my door doing the "motorcycle" wave)...

when i'm on the motorcycle i'll wave at other motorcycles and jeeps...

when i'm in someone elses car...i dont wave at anyone lol

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
This is turning into a wave thread :nonono:

But as for the vehicle I think it has to do with who the person actually is or who the person is trying to be. Like I love jeeps and trucks cuz I love the out doors and doing everything in the mountains. But at the same time I like cars that can go fast. I grew up racing Quarter midgets so I like to drive fast at times.
As for others like one of my old friends he drives a civic si. He's a tool now. Use to be laid back and chill now he's super conceded
Idk I geuss what I'm saying is don't let a car define you. Define the car.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
chris, you're alive!

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Jeep doesn't define me, however it does say something about who I am. It has a go anywhere, do anything attitude with my individual look and outlook.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts