Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I hate to start a thread for something that sounds so simple. It I'm having one helluva time getting my drivers side window and vent window back in.

I removed them to install a new external door latch (which is now done) and I can't get both windows in.

I have the FSM and the instructions are next to useless. If I follow the instructions and try to reinsert the vent window and division channel after the full size window, it feels af it it gets jammed on something inside the door which of course I cannot see.

I have tried searching the web and cannot find anything. The closest help I found was Jedi's website for the removal of the components.

Is this really that complicated of a task or am I missing something here?

PS I'm new to the whole DIY thing and this, along with the trnasfercase linkage adjustment are my first projects ever on my newly defined "project off road Jeep."

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
I have had a lot of hard doors apart but it's been a while. Are you sure the lower track is not hitting something inside the door keeping it from rotating backwards? I never used directions i just started removing stuff and i never had a problem it's probably something simple.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did this job back in the spring. From what I remember I had to wiggle and slide the top of the window keeping it in contact with the door post to keep it from jamming a you describe. Took a few tries, but it finally seated into place. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts