Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking at vented hoods. I am not finding many reviews on some so I was wondering if anyone can give me some reviews. I have been looking at the 15th anniversary MOPAR hood, smitty bilt XRC hood and some others. Please fill me in!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I would find a original Mopar Hard Rock/10A hood and cut open the bottom of the plastic vents, there is a thread how to do it on this forum. Best looking good available IMO.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Due to hail damage I had the opportunity to get the Smittybilt Stingray hood. A few manufacturing issues with it (front corners were sightly tweaked and a small ding on the right hand side) but the body shop quickly took care of those. Came with vents, sprayers and under hood mat. I'm happy with it.

(Warning..crappy cell phone pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Due to hail damage I had the opportunity to get the Smittybilt Stingray hood. A few manufacturing issues with it (front corners were sightly tweaked and a small ding on the right hand side) but the body shop quickly took care of those. Came with vents, sprayers and under hood mat. I'm happy with it.
hood looks good how much did paint run you?

·
Registered
66 Posts
All together (paintless dent repair on the windshield frame, new cowl, new hood and paint) the total bill was $1489. I paid $500 insurance $989. I know the paintless dent repair portion was $300 of that and the shop paid the difference on the hood ($549 compared to $470 for a stock hood).

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

(Warning..crappy cell phone pic)
That looks identical to the Mopar Powerdome hood. Do they make it for Mopar or did they copy it?

·
Banned
729 Posts
As far as reviews go...its seems to be a no brainer...the vents release heat. Less heat = more performance. I think one of the main factors is appearance. For that one..I like the poison spyder. I have one in my very near future.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That looks identical to the Mopar Powerdome hood. Do they make it for Mopar or did they copy it?
The Mopar power dome hood and the AEV heat reduction hood are Both manufactured at the same facility.
I can't speak to the Smittybilt hood.
Pretty sure based on the price that it's just an overseas knock off. It's identical to the Mopar Powerdome. Has the same confined vents that can be remedied via this thread:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/rubicon-hardrock-hood-vent-mod-done-1380609.html

·
Registered
938 Posts
anyone look at the Carid site?
I know nothing about them, but they do have a bunch of hoods by different people...
the RKSport ones kinda look cool...

and there is always your carbon fiber... because the one thing the JK really needs is some CF...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts