Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting some new sunglasses and looking into the Oakley Radarlock with the vented G30 lens (for golf). I am thinking about getting a second lens for driving. Right now I have some Radars with a non-vented range (larger) lens. It helps with the wind, but doesn't cut it out when I don't have doors.

Would the vents make it feel like I am not wearing anything to help with the wind?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Can't help here. I get my sunglasses at CVS pharmacy as I can't seem to keep a pair more than 6-12 months. I consider sunglasses as expendable supplies.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Can't help here. I get my sunglasses at CVS pharmacy as I can't seem to keep a pair more than 6-12 months. I consider sunglasses as expendable supplies.
^^^ This ^^^

If I buy sunglasses at all (I usually have a few dark safety glasses from work laying around), I generally get them from WalMart for 10-15 bucks. I always seem to lose or break them so I'm not going to invest a whole bunch of money in a pair of Oakleys or Costa Del Mars and having to fret over losing them all the time.

This summer I do think I'm going to try to find some with the padded frames. I find that my eyes get a little dried out and irritated from all the wind buffeting with the top down, especially when I have my contacts in, which is most of the time. Hopefully something that seals against the face a bit will help with that.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you guys mean. I used to be the same way but five years ago my dad gave me my pair of Radars. Carbon Fiber frame, Fire iridium lenses (mostly orange), orange logo - they are awesome! I don't think I have worn another pair since then!

The lens is scratched up, but they still work great! I haven't had a problem with these.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My brother buys lots of sunglasses, not because he loses them, but because he's likely like you. He enjoys a fine pair that advertises and delivers on some special feature. I'm jealous of him and his collection.

I have to admit I kinda lied in my first post in this thread. I don't lose them all...I also *break* plenty of them.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I wish I kept up with the new Oakleys etc. I stopped buying expensive glasses after closing a custom $800 pair of Cazal 958s (not like the crap Cazals they sell now a days though!) in the hood my car by mistake! I've had many pairs of Oakleys and Raybans etc. My collection has faded away now, but I'm sure the Oakley rep misses me still :(
$20-30/pr tops now ;)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
As long as they are polarized I usually buy the 15-20 pair from Fleetfarm. They always end up bent/scratched or lost so at least for me buying anything more makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I've found that the horizontal surfaces on the jeep mean I will leave them on a fender or something and never see them again.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I use to buy cheap sunglasses all the time and either broke or lost them. I then bought an expensive pair of Ray Bans I really liked ($110 - at least I think expensive for sunglasses) and have had them for 4 years now. I guess if I pay a little more for them I appreciate them more and take care of them a little better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a pair of Costa fantails with the 580 glass lens. They have a lifetime warranty on scratches or frame damage, of course at $200 a pair I would expect that. They are by far the best sunglasses that I have ever worn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts