Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a couple hr trip and I noticed a slight vibration. Its weird,at about 68mph and faster I get this very mild vib. It goes like, mmmm------mmmm-----mmmm------mmmm------mmmm-----
Its not constant but it has that rhythm. Below 68 its smooth as could be and faster than say 71 it gets a little stronger.The tires & wheels are new from D.T.
Ive checked the balance and its right on. I have a CV d/shaft,adj uppers & a 2in lift.
Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I get similar low vibe throbbing in high gear at highway speed, rest of time is smooth as glass. PO did 2" BL, stock DS and CA's. I did MML this wkend to try get abit on my drive line angle. driveline angle seems most likely suspect to me. be getting it out today for highway test i'll let u know

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've noticed that some shops have a bad habit of forgetting to torque lug nuts properly, either way too tight or not tighten them at all, which could possibly cause some slight wheel wobble. This can also lead to very dangerous problems if that's the issue. Anytime I know someone removed a wheel I always remove and retorque the lug nuts, then check them after 100 miles and repeat a couple times.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have STT pros. I actually checked the torque on all the lugs before i headed out.Maybe I should ck my pinion angle.Its just odd how its not a constant but a rolling type vib,on,off,on,off...

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
GONE....i'm golden now. it was driveline angle for me, all top end vibe/pulsing is gone not even a trace, yah cant hurt to check those angles and mine was just as u described not constant but repetitive mmmm mmmm mmmm

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My angle is perfect,however I noticed the rear d shaft has play where it goes into the yoke.Its side to side play where it gets sandwiched between those raised tabs in the yoke.Which also means the straps aren't holding the joint caps tight.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heres what Im talking about. Not sure if its enough to cause my vib but def has to be fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts