Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please take a moment this Veteran's Day to think about the Vets you know and the troops still in harm's way.

To the Marine vets - Semper Fi & OORAH!!
To the Coasties - Semper Paratus
To the Army vets - HOOAH!!
To the Air Force vets - HOORAH!!
To my fellow Navy vets - HOO-YAH!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I thought the Air Force yelled, "FORE!" :rofl:

Thank you for your service! (Retired 2007. Go Navy!)

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
A big salute to all veterans, past, present, and future. Because of your efforts we have the freedom to take for granted many of the "luxuries" of life.

·
Registered
1979 CJ-7 Renegade
6,414 Posts
My husband is deployed to Afghanistan right now; I know how much you all have sacrificed. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for your service, and for looking out for your fellow service members.

Awesome pics, sheim911rs & ValpoJK!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Please take a moment this Veteran's Day to think about the Vets you know and the troops still in harm's way.

As an Army guy, let me say thanks for the sentiment. However, (you knew there was a however coming, right?) I'd like to find the jerk responsible for the "H word" and drag them through an eleven row repeatedly for subjecting me to it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DJL2 - Sorry to hear you are not feeling the H-word love. For us in the Navy Diver community, well we f'ing love our HOOYAH! Pretty sure the SEALS and EOD guys feel the same way.

Attachments

·
A-14
1,568 Posts

:thumb:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm not a flag waiver or parade attender but I love my country deeply. Without injecting politics, I fear for us all in the near future. Thank you all if you served or supported us in any way.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
A salute to all current veterans and future vets. As a Vietnam veteran I have had more "thank you for your service" accolades in the past 3 - 4 years than in the previous 40!

Vietnam 1968-69. 101st Airborne Div. Fire Control Instrument Repairman. If anyone on here was with the 11th or 327th Artillery in I Corps I worked on your 105's and 155's.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In 1977 while on active duty in San Diego and living on the beach without benefit of housing allowance I had one of my neighbors tell me I was on welfare because I was being paid to do an unnecessary job.

Flash forward to November 2001 on my way home in uniform. I stopped at the local convenience store to put gas in my truck. Another customer walked by me on the way into the store, stopped, and said "By the way if no one has mentioned it lately, thanks." We may have a lot of issues in the country today but it's sure a lot better being a serviceman/retiree/vet these days.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts