Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says ..... I am looking for recommendations and real life experience with this compressor.

Or are there better alternatives in this price range?

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
42,963 Posts
I don't have experience with the 400P but I do have their 450 model, I'm very happy with it and it works well. I can air up all 4 of my 35's on my Jeep in just a few minutes and it doesn't seem to work hard. It's a bit of overkill on my motorcycle but I can air up the tires in it in just a few seconds :D
Both of these units used to be fairly close in price (less than $100 difference as I recall) but I see that there was a huge price increase in the 450 since I bought mine last year. I think that if I were to have to chooses between the 2 right now, considering the price difference (~$140) I would probably get the 400P since they are both great units.

Just my 2-cents worth

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the 400p and I love it. Only takes a minute or 2 per tire to get my 35's from ~15lbs to ~29lbs. The gauge isn't super accurate, but it's close enough. I can reach all 4 corners with ease, and the auto shutoff is great. It does get pretty hot in the sun though, so I usually let it cool in the shade for about 5 minutes before packing it back up.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I bought an 88P to inflate 33's and i have continued to use it to inflate my 315/70/17 tires. $70 on Amazon. One day when this one stop working i'll update to something bigger like a 300p/400p. for now its 1.47cfm seems to do the job :)

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I've had one for a couple years now and it has worked great every time. Yes the gauge while filling reads about 10 pounds high, BUT consistently high. I can still expect to stop at an appropriate reading and check with my alternate gauge and I'm good to go. Requires connecting direct to the battery and keep your engine running if your battery is not confidently charged. I recently filled up 4 tires on a minivan and didn't run my engine. I went to start up the Jeep to repark it and the battery was too far drained to restart the engine. This was on my just over 4 year old battery with 75k on the vehicle. I now have a new higher amp battery.

Honestly the time it takes to fill up still feels like I'm waiting on it, just a little compared to a high pressure hose from a gas station. But if I've run aired down I should probably take the time to inspect the vehicle a little so I really am not waiting on the time it takes to air back up.

Reactions: StevieTex
1 - 7 of 7 Posts