Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Viair Constant Duty On-Board Air System in my 2009 JK. I have the compressor under my hood and the tank in the rear on top of my Backbone Security trunk, wires connected and hoses also. I'm using my rocker switch to turn it on and off.
The problem I have is when I turn it on the compressor goes on then off then on again in cycles. Any reason why??

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Probably has something to do with the pressure relay. The system is designed so that it fills to about 150 psi via the pressure relay. It should fill to that level then when the pressure drops to a certain point, it will activate the compressor until it again reaches 150psi. Is the tank getting full then it cycles or is it cycling from the start?

The rocker switch only controls the power to the system. The pressure relay controls how and when it fills.

In theory if your system is sealed up well, you should be able to leave the rocker switch on all the time and as long as it stays full, it will never "go off"

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a Viair Constant Duty On-Board Air System in my 2009 JK. I have the compressor under my hood and the tank in the rear on top of my Backbone Security trunk, wires connected and hoses also. I'm using my rocker switch to turn it on and off.
The problem I have is when I turn it on the compressor goes on then off then on again in cycles. Any reason why??
As mentioned above, it's supposed to cycle on/off based on pressure in the lines/tank... if it cycles when you're using air... it's working properly. the frequency of the cycles will depend on the volume of air you are using....

If it cycles when you're not using air... somethings wrong....

You could have a leak in the air lines/tank somewhere.... that will keep the compressor cycling, even though the air is not being used..

The other possibility is a faulty pressure on-off switch...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts