Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 yj 2.5 automatic, shakes/vibrates only while under a load, seems fine if I ease into it and while at travel speed, only when my foot is into it i get major vibration, and when slowing down. Based on other treads I've read, I will try the U joints first, even though I tried to shake the drive shafts and they seem tight.....any ideas fellow jeepers?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Definitly check u joints... what kind of condition are your leafs in? Check those out. Will explain y in a sec hold on

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
K I'm back..... if a spring eye is broken or a leaf is broken or just the overall condition is bad the leafs can be letting the rear axle twist or roll rotationally (if that's even a word) putting the drive shaft in an unatural angle causing the vibes felt during acceleration and deceleration. Where as if you slowly accelerate it will not twist or roll the axle therefore no vibes..... that's my best guess.

Also you can check the condition of you motor mounts, a broken one would cause vibes during hard accelerations. Don't know if it would cause vibes when decelerating though.

Also I have heard, yet do not have first hand experience, that a broken trans mount can cause vibes also.

Good luck post back with any findings!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts