Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this jeep about 3 weeks ago new, I experienced vibration at the wheel when I hit 60 and it kinda goes away when I hit 70. Had the dealer balance all tires, vibration is still there. Any suggestions? Also the shifter shakes quite a bit at those speeds, it's a Sport 6spd.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Is the suspention modified...i had this issue on my car and turned out to be bad struts...but ciukd still be wheel balance....is your jeep used or new?

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and let them fix it.....

Hopefully they can get you a loaner.....

Seems like that is something I might have written in for a sale. "Free loaner on any overnight service"

·
Get your Jeep dirty!!!
762 Posts
Sounds like a balancing issue.Have it road forced balanced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Taking to different dealer tomorrow, they are going to check suspension and might replace tires under warranty if it's a balancing issue and the tires have flat spots on them.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Doesn't say what year, how long it was on the lot or 2 or 4 door etc and you have no profile. not much for us to go on here. My guess is flat spots and/or needs a balancing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
j0nx said:
Doesn't say what year, how long it was on the lot or 2 or 4 door etc and you have no profile. not much for us to go on here. My guess is flat spots and/or needs a balancing.
Subscribed via the iPhone AP and have not updated profile. It's a 2D Sport 2011 bought new 3.5 weeks ago. I do not know how long they had it on their lot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is what I'm dealing with. Two of my tired have chop on the outside. Of course my jeep now has a year on here and 15k. I called the dealer and they told me no warrantee on tires call Goodyear.

I hit up a tire shop and had a balance and alignment and they said in 2k miles it may where back to normal.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I bought this jeep about 3 weeks ago new, I experienced vibration at the wheel when I hit 60 and it kinda goes away when I hit 70. Had the dealer balance all tires, vibration is still there. Any suggestions? Also the shifter shakes quite a bit at those speeds, it's a Sport 6spd.

Any input is appreciated.

Have you had or driven a jeep before? Some vibration/shake is normal, my shifter jumps around too, but it is just something to get use to from what I have read and had people explain to me. If it is more than normal shaking and vibration, I would leave it to the experts to guide you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TanManRubi said:
Have you had or driven a jeep before? Some vibration/shake is normal, my shifter jumps around too, but it is just something to get use to from what I have read and had people explain to me. If it is more than normal shaking and vibration, I would leave it to the experts to guide you.
Yes I have owned 3 previously and while the shifter vibration is normal the tech said the steering wheel one isn't. I should know something today hopefully ;).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts