Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
102,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I have owned my 2003 wrangler 4.0 engine with Automatic trans, 3:73 ratio diff,with Michelon 31x10.5x15 tires. I get a vibration when it shifts into overdrive at very slow speeds, with engine RPM of about 12 to 1300. I can fell the vibration through out the jeep including the gear shift handle. It's almost like the engine is lugging and setting off a harmonic. I have checked motor mounts and even item's like alternator and AC mounting bolts, but they are all tight. Here's the kicker, when it does it I hit the OD button and the vibration/harmonic is gone.
I only have a 2 inch lift and do not get any drive line vibration, or tire vibration, in fact it is very smooth for a Jeep.
Does anybody else have this same issue? Is it normal? Is it caused from larger diameter tires, causing the engine to lug at times?
My Jeep only has 48,000 miles on it and did have the Jeep Dealer tune it up and it does run great with a very smooth idle and no miss under load.
Your input will be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yes everyone with the 42rle has the same issue. Irritating as it may be there is nothing wrong with your trans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts