Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all

i installed an aussie in my dana 30 and a yukon axle upgrade kit, and since...have felt a sort of "spinning" or forgive my spelling..."oscilating" vibration in the steering. it only happens at higher speeds, in the range of 40 and up. could this vibe be coming from the locker? maybe i didn't shim it properly? ?????? any suggestions? thx

:cool:

·
Registered
227 Posts
howdy all

i installed an aussie in my dana 30 and a yukon axle upgrade kit, and since...have felt a sort of "spinning" or forgive my spelling..."oscilating" vibration in the steering. it only happens at higher speeds, in the range of 40 and up. could this vibe be coming from the locker? maybe i didn't shim it properly? ?????? any suggestions? thx

Sounds more like you tweaked something in the suspension, or possibly have a wheel out of balance.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
If this started happening after the install it would make sense that it is most likely caused by something you installed. I really don't know what that might be. Maybe your disconnect is hanging up causing drag on both wheels because of the locker. I'm just winging it you know, maybe someone else has some good advise.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would go with the shimming. Sounds like you did not get it seated perfectly.
yehhhh.....it's what my gut is telling me. when i put the shims back in and all that jazz....i didn't check the gap measurements as precisely as i should have according to aussie's install instructions. guess i should have.....:rolleyes:

everything else looks good under the buggy so....i'm gonna go with the shims as the guilty offender. i'll pull it apart again when i have some time and see if that cures the ailment. thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts