Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey their boys and girls i'm new to here and just thought I'd throw out a question on this. I just got this 2009 unlimited x with a 4in lift and tires already on it to replace my 2010 Rubicon that got stolen. It sounds a little loud like something is vibrating or something. With a 4 in lift on the jk's aren't you supposed to either drop the tranny like and inch or put raised mounts on the engine to correct the drive line angle? it drives just fine but I'm just looking to get rid of that noise and eliminate any future problems. if anyone has any input on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: You don't give any details on the suspension, but

4" lift is WAY to much without MANY suspension updates-yort universals are probably on the way BYEBYE and the swaybars probably haven't been adj and the tires probably need balancing and the shocks may be wrong --on and on and on

Too many variables on 4" of lift to a JK

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ya you could have drive line issues. I dont have U but im pretty sure that with a 4" lift you need to shim your transfer case to correct drive line angle. If this is not done this will eventually result in your jeep on the side of the road with your drive shaft hanging lol Get it checked out man.

PS there is an alternative to adding shims replacing your U joints. Keep in mind all of the info I provided is stuff im not 100 percent sure of just some things I have heard that you should probably consider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts