Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2003 Sahara and it has a bad vibration when accelerating. Checked the clutch and tranny and transfer case, all seem to be in good working order. Changed all fluids. Removed rear driveline and drove it in four wheel and was smooth. Driveline? Rear end? Has anyone had this problem?

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Just bought a 2003 Sahara and it has a bad vibration when accelerating. Checked the clutch and tranny and transfer case, all seem to be in good working order. Changed all fluids. Removed rear driveline and drove it in four wheel and was smooth. Driveline? Rear end? Has anyone had this problem?
I would also be curious about any mods you have on the Jeep. But since it runs smooth without the rear drive shaft in the Jeep I would say you need to swap out some U-joints. Let us know about the mods or if you have any other questions!

-Ryan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just figured it out, I had to replace the rear driveline and u joints and problem solved. It was worn yokes on the driveline and of coarse bad u joints! Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts