Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a pretty prominent vibration that has developed in my Jeep. It's an '07 Rubicon Unlimited. I have a 2" Rubicon Express lift and 33" tires. That's all I've done to it. The vibration started after I hit a concrete pillar in a parking garage, straight on at about 3 mph. I've had it for 3 years with no problems. The shop had it for 3 days and couldn't figure out what the problem is. They changed a motor mount that looked suspicious but it had no affect. I jacked up the transfer case to take pressure off the trans mount and it seemed to get better but I couldn't test it or anything. The vibration is always there but gets worse when I stop at a light or if I hold the brake and switch between drive and reverse. It seems to get better in neutral. Goes away at higher speeds like 60+. A buddy of mine suggested that it might be a harmonic balancer problem, fly wheel or torque converter. He said those are the only parts really moving while in park. Anyone had this problem? I just don't want to throw anymore money at this until I have a better idea. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts