Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im stumped i have a 97 Wrangler Sport 4.0 32Rh trans, i get vibrations at highway speeds but if engage the 4wd then put back into 2wd it goes away for the most part, all u-joints are new in both driveshafts, ball centering unit in my front driveshaft is new, axle ujoints are new, both hub assemblys are new, all the bearings in my rear axle are new, ive read it could be my steering damper but wont that just mask what is really vibrating in there? also jeep is stock height with 30x9.5R15. any ideas of what is causing this? Today I plan on ripping the driveshafts off again and make sure there is no binding going on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was also thinking that as well do you know if i can do my 1inch MML while replacing the engine mounts without a BL?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can someone point me towards the mount for the 32RH.. everyone im seeling says ax15 or ax5 which are manual trans.. i dont see why they would be different cuz the tcase seems to be whats mounted but i maybe wrong..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your front drive shaft splines could be shot. Just try to wiggle your shaft up and down while on the jeep. If the drive shaft moves the splines are wore out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You can also take off the front dshaft and drive around and if the vibration is gone then you know its your dshaft.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea now im sure thats where its comin from there is a lot of play in the splines... guess ill have to spend the $300 on a new one, dont really wanna take it out tho with winter comin around the corner up here in wisconsin

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what would make these splines wear like that tho, i see the coatin is worn off in some spots, jeep has 118K miles on it, i kno the first time i took it apart when i got it it was dry as hell in there so i cleaned it up and lubed it

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stock wheels, tires are about shot tho.. i did have one shop that balanced my tires tell me the rim was bent, so he dismounted the tire and gave me the rim, i took it to another shop they said the rim was fine, and the tire just had a heavy spot in it.. but my front driveshaft does have play in it at the slip yoke, i changed my steering damper today cuz it was leaking, didnt get a chance to get at the ujoints to check for binding and really dont feel like pulling the driveshafts out again.. out, and pulling my front axle shafts to check them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts