Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Cool as always Randy, JB claims another stock tie-rod lol, and i wonder if Yasu have lca skids, Yasu if you don't, better get them know while you can :), my factory rear shock mounts won't hold another JB run, and the POS bolt-on lca skids i have in the front will run away on the gatekeeper, so i'm fixing that this week, unfortunately i don't know if they'll be on before the JB run for the meet and greet this coming Saturday, damn it.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Another great video production, thanks! Gearing up to do JB this fall. I know the Jeep is ready, I'm not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cool as always Randy, JB claims another stock tie-rod lol, and i wonder if Yasu have lca skids, Yasu if you don't, better get them know while you can :), my factory rear shock mounts won't hold another JB run, and the POS bolt-on lca skids i have in the front will run away on the gatekeeper, so i'm fixing that this week, unfortunately i don't know if they'll be on before the JB run for the meet and greet this coming Saturday, damn it.
Found a brand new currie tie rod on craigslist for $200! Installed and re-aligned today. I'm ready for the trails again... surprisingly, my control brackets only have some minor blemishes. But my rear shock bracket took a beating... now I'm looking for a skid that doesn't require welding! But with that said, I won't do JB until I go up to 35".

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Found a brand new currie tie rod on craigslist for $200! Installed and re-aligned today. I'm ready for the trails again... surprisingly, my control brackets only have some minor blemishes. But my rear shock bracket took a beating... now I'm looking for a skid that doesn't require welding! But with that said, I won't do JB until I go up to 35".
Get them welded and you'll never worried about them anymore, i went bolt-on in the front (Rugged Ridge LCA skids), and the rocks at JB or Holcomb, kept flipping/bending them on their mounts, don't know if you've ever saw me pounding them fackers back with a hammer at the trail :), lol, i tend to do a lot, and i've got tired of it, for the back i thought i didn't need those skids, and now the shock mounts are all messed up, so i've asked my local offroad shocks to weld lca skids instead, i should have done this long time ago, plus i have an axel seal leak, so i'm getting that fixed as well. i'll have to skip the JB run this weekend, damn it.

·
Registered
698 Posts

I was originally looking to get the rockstars, but I'm busy enough these days that I'm looking for a simpler solution. These are bolt on, no cutting. No raising the shock brackets.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/skid-plates/1196b-evo-manufacturing-protek-rear-shock-skids

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I did get the Rebel Grinder rear control arm skid, they're actually a bolt-on rear lca skid, (i thought they were welded like the front ones) , but the fackers are actually pure beef, and i did compare them with the Synergy and the Evo mounts, since those are beefy to begin with, they do require cutting though, but since Rebel did the job, what that heck :)
Rebel Off Road Grinder Rear Control Arm Skid Plates for Jeep JK

For the front they welded the Rebel lca skids.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a newly purchased built JKU on 37s and have never offloaded here in SoCal, is John Bull a difficult trail? Looks like a fun trip and looking to meet/offroad with some guys here and see what all my new jeep can do!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts