Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Been reading a while but this is my first post on this board. I'm familiar with forums since I post all the time on corvetteforum. Anyway, my apologies for the lack of an introduction before posting. On to my issue...

I have a 2018 Sahara JL and love it. I've done a few mild things with it like Gladiator wheels and mud tires (took forever to find a like new set of 5), Rubicon shocks and springs, Jeep 3-piece steel bumper, JL audio slimbox sub and amp with replacement speakers up front and some other small stuff. Aside from the audio stuff, you may be able to tell that I often opt for OEM upgrades.

Anyway, my Jeep came with the smaller 7" screen and I got a 8.4" head unit and installed it. It works perfectly and all the additional options that come with that unit (navigation, uconnect 4, better HVAC, etc...) function flawlessly. However, I've read many posts about an update for the offroad pages to be viewed on the head unit. But, I'm thinking that I haven't received the update (this is pure speculation on my part) because they send/push them out by VIN and not the receiver. So, whether or not I'm right, does anyone know if there's another way to receive the update for the offroad pages aside from an over-the-air update...like download to a thumb drive or, something like an update number to give the dealership for uploading?

The dealer told me they were afraid to "flash" mine because if the stereo and VIN aren't a match, they thought they may "lock it up" with no way to unlock it.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
60,976 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts