Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,681 Posts
If you have the complete vin you can put the vin in on the Chrysler jeep web site and instantly get the complete build sheet not just a vin decoder

Lists ever piece of equipment that was originally on that vehicle is instant and costs nothing

I use it at the junk yard To verify things like if the vehicle had sentry key before I buy a PCM

But also look for module around key as some like Jerry added it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
I really like that first link. Shows a lot of information that you have to go digging for afterwards. Like gear ratios, etc.

Not sure how much I trust it, as it says my "2003 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Sport" has a body style of "4 door"

And the gear ratios don't seem right for the NV3550 trans.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
The window sticker link only works on recent vehicles. Even my 2008 T&C (traded in on the Sahara) came up as no report available. The '15 Sahara comes up, but then I have the original sticker in my folder. I have printed out build sheets for Chrysler vehicles as far back as my '89 XJ bought new and the 13 vehicles that followed. It is very accurate for recent vehicles but some codes give a "DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE" since they are no longer in use. Some errors in descriptions occur when the codes have been re-used for something else on newer vehicles. For example the build sheet says my Cherokee came with P265/60R18 tires - NOT. (Most likely P215/75R15 tires just like my two YJs. The codes apply to all Chrysler built vehicles.

Here is the link to the site I have used, and it is up and running right now. You don't put the VIN in the search criteria, but in the field labeled "Equipment List".
https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/e...WGxOMmc2T2w%3D

The link in xigiff's post has an error screen at the moment.

Reactions: Jo1nan

·
Registered
15,681 Posts
Nope the Chrysler vin build sheet link goes back at least as 98

The free owner's manual PDF only goes back to 04

Your no report was site not working or wrong invoked vin or export model

All the junkyard ones I ever tried including many XJ all worked fine

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
It's working now. When I got my error messages, I tried an old and new VIN number. It apparently goes to the same application as my link does because I get the same report format including the same error on tire sizes. Again, probably by reusing the codes for new options (no 18" OEM wheels in 1989).

·
Registered
15,681 Posts
There are some consistent errors like all the wrangler ones I get say rack and pinion steering

·
Registered
30 Posts
The window sticker link only works on recent vehicles. Even my 2008 T&C (traded in on the Sahara) came up as no report available. The '15 Sahara comes up, but then I have the original sticker in my folder. I have printed out build sheets for Chrysler vehicles as far back as my '89 XJ bought new and the 13 vehicles that followed. It is very accurate for recent vehicles but some codes give a "DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE" since they are no longer in use. Some errors in descriptions occur when the codes have been re-used for something else on newer vehicles. For example the build sheet says my Cherokee came with P265/60R18 tires - NOT. (Most likely P215/75R15 tires just like my two YJs. The codes apply to all Chrysler built vehicles.

Here is the link to the site I have used, and it is up and running right now. You don't put the VIN in the search criteria, but in the field labeled "Equipment List".
https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/e...WGxOMmc2T2w%3D

The link in xigiff's post has an error screen at the moment.

Thanks rgeen65. The build sheet for my 2000 TJ wouldn't come up through the traditional website most people use. Kept saying my VIN was not a valid number. Your suggestion year worked!

·
Registered
15,681 Posts
Never failed me on any junkyard jeep I tried including xj at least as far back as 1996

Export ones are said to often. It work on Jeep's build sheet lookup but year at least as far back as 1996 is not an issue

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Digger - the build sheet links work back as far as 89 models, it's the window sticker link that only works on recent vehicles. I just tested the Equipment List again to the VIN of my old 89 Dodge Dakota traded off in the spring of '90 on my '90 Ram W250.

I think the Window Sticker database is more recent and less powerful. If you have a fairly recent Chrysler vehicle the window sticker would work. I have only been able to get it to work for my 2015 (now traded off) and on my 2017. My next most recent vehicle a 2008 Chry T&C does not work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts