Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to keep my Jeep clean. But I also like to take it places where we get pretty muddy this time of year (both me and the Jeep). Getting in and out of it 20 times with muddy boots and throwing a muddy pack into the rear floor really makes a mess.

This means after every weekend I end up spending hours trying to clean the carpets.

Is there a good quality complete vinyl/rubber replacement for all the carpet in a JKU? One that fits like it came from the factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Most just pull all the carpets and pull the rubber floor plugs. Then with judicious use of a hose you can clean the interior rather easily. Save the plugs if you want to replace them and the carpet when done.

Unlike cars, the carpet in a Jeep is designed to be removed easily without having to remove the seats and the console. Be careful under the seats however, as there are several hold point that have a very sharp point. The carpet is just pushed down on those and then a little hold down pushed on.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d like the sound deadening effect of a rubber liner. I suppose I could rip out the interior and do Herculiner or something like that but a set of good rubber liners that match the factory carpet would be a lot easier and probably cost about the same (and provide more sound deadening)

I found a kit for the JK but nothing for the JKU I can find...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I really like these. Replaced my carpets for these about a year ago. I get muddy and all I have to do is easily pull out, hit with the hose, let em dey for 20 minutes , and they are good as new!

2 things about the link. 1) They are cheaper on eBay found a dealer there who sold me new for like $100. 2) I got the option with the whole in the back mat for your all purpose speaker.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...MIjKmilcH-5gIVi8VkCh0HKgLJEAQYCiABEgIOVfD_BwE

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
just get some weathertech matts.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,856 Posts
You laid out one option... have it sprayed or there is this. I am adding this as soon as the weather warms up. The carpets in these rigs are absolute bottom of the barrel design and quality of material. These from what I've read ar amazing.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/14051_900X_A_PG.htm

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
You laid out one option... have it sprayed or there is this. I am adding this as soon as the weather warms up. The carpets in these rigs are absolute bottom of the barrel design and quality of material. These from what I've read ar amazing.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/14051_900X_A_PG.htm
Having had BedTred...:puke: Didn't like the fit and they didn't stay put, even with the Velcro supplied. That being said, my factory carpet didn't fit my '15 JK Willys well either however the second round of OEM carpet has fit like a glove. Go figure. Maybe I just got a bad batch of both to start.

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
494 Posts
Carpets & drain plugs pulled shortly after purchase in my ‘17 jku. Lesson learned from my ‘15 jk. I also have the Jeep slush mats, work great! I’ve been without carpet so long I don’t remember how much sound insulation it provides but I’m ok with it. I run soft top only, there is gonna be noise. I’ve looked at the bed tread as well. Nice product but pricey. Sorry I don’t know how to provide links but do a search....WF member NoGaBiker has a nice review of his bed tread experience as well as how to add the slush mat floor anchors to the bed tread

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
BedTred is a future purchase for me too. Just want to save a bit more first. It is almost as much as a spray-in liner. To me JK/JKUs have too much wiring on the floor. My YJ was Rhinolined and I loved it, but the wires ran along the sides and were not exposed at all. There were very few of them anyways. Much different with these newer jeeps, so I'm going to BedTred. I ran BedRug in a 91YJ I restored, but I did not like how it aged; it seemed to 'pull' like a sweater if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I went from carpets out for the last few years to Bedtred.
I just got the front first to try, because of hearing some negative stuff, but I'll tell you, this kit fit awesome!!! It was cold out when i installed it, so I got it started, then fired up the heat in the,JK. I was a real bitch, but after about an hour of cussing, and bleeding hands, I got the SOB in, and it looks fantastic!!!
I did not use the velcro to secure it to the floor, I figured it was too cold to stick. Figured I'd put the velcro in after warmer weather comes, but it's really not needed. This stuff doesn't move, at all !

I will be putting the kit in the back as soon as the weather warms up.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tip on the Bedtred. That sounds like just the ticket. Is it a carpet like material (like what you’d see in a ski boat) or is it like a vinyl/rubber material?

just get some weathertech matts.
I’ve found that even with the best mats, there still ends up a lot of crud under and around them. For example after my last cleanup, I had a lot of mud up on the transition between the accelerator pedal and gear shift. Driving between spots wearing a pair of size 12 hunting boots caked with mud probably doesn’t help...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the Bedtred. That sounds like just the ticket. Is it a carpet like material (like what you’d see in a ski boat) or is it like a vinyl/rubber material?
It's a couple of mm thick flexible "Bedliner". If you contact them they may send you a small sample piece like they did me years ago.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Here is a shot of the Bedtred liner before, and after adding Weathertech floor liners. It's very very similar to a spray in bedliner in consistency.

Wow!!!
These shots really show how faded my seats are!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I too have Bedtred. I used velcro and it fits pretty well. There are a few places it could fit better.
I will say, shortly after installing mine, a local spray liner shop ran a special and I could've had it sprayed cheaper than the Bedtred.
The worst spot was around the passenger rear door. I used a heat gun and velcro to get it where I wanted it.
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts