Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, given the issues with some here wanting colors they can't get (Hydro Blue Rubicon), wanting colors Jeep hasn't released (Copperhead, Amp'd, Granite) or wanting colors that aren't available at all (any Green) I thought we should start a thread on wrapping. I looked into it (figuring I would buy resale black, wrap it, then peel it off in 5-7 years and have a pristine paint job--good for resale, good to re-wrap, or good to enjoy as a change). The issue at my local shop was a limited selection of colors (patterns could be anything you could dream, but onsite printing of one color was advised against). The other issue is the $2000 that isn't rolled into the loan. Perhaps others can post photos of wrapped jeeps, sources for more color choices, and other options.

For example, it isn't clear to me if you bedline you exterior that it comes off easily. Plastidip is an option, but again with limited color choices.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Plastidip is an option, but again with limited color choices.
Go to dipyourcar.com You can get kits for your whole vehicle $3-400. They have many color options and have tinting kits to make your own color, so the color options are pretty much endless.

If I wanted to change the color of my Jeep, this is the route I would go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go to dipyourcar.com You can get kits for your whole vehicle $3-400. They have many color options and have tinting kits to make your own color, so the color options are pretty much endless.

If I wanted to change the color of my Jeep, this is the route I would go.

I agree, I am all for dipping the jeep. If you dip your jeep and get a scratch, its very easy to deal with and you're able to peel it off with ease

·
Registered
289 Posts
A wrap like this would be cool. Change a crappy color Jeep to something that looks COOL. Just wrap the flat surfaces, paint the hinges, fenders, armor, sliders & cage with some tough paint.
I bet repairs could even be done by replacing the individual panels in any gouged vinyl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts