Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new to the forums so will start out with what car I drive I own a 2005 jeep wrangler unlimited stock. For the past two months my car has been shaking violently on the highway when I hit btw 50-55. I know this is the "death wobble" and I also know there are a lot of posts on here about this problem and I have had my car checked and it the track bar and bushings. Now my problem is last night i was driving my jeep on the highway and it started to shake violently again. When I got home I lifted the hood to check the engine for some reason and there was power steering fluid splashed all over the engine bay. can this be due to the "death wobble":banghead:

·
Registered
789 Posts
It's possible. It could be a loose cap, or possibly even a broken motor mount allowing the motor to move more than it should. If your Jeeps is shaking violently, I wouldn't drive it until it's fixed. You could wind up doing a lot more damage to the rig.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am not sure about the power steering fluid and if it is related, but have you had your tires checked and balanced? I checked and tightened everything I could and my DW didn't go away until I put on a new set of tires since my olds ones were pretty bad.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If you had the power steering way full, clear up to the top, the forces on the steering pump from the DW could have backed it up like a toilet.
Don't top it off again, leave it a little low, but not empty.

Take care of the DW before you break something.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
It could be because you keep calling your JEEP a CAR. Your JEEP is getting annoyed with you calling it a CAR all the time and is merely trying to eject you from the vehicle to teach you a lesson.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
True - it's not a car, it's not a truck, it's not even a SUV (unless it's one of those 4 door imitation Hummers.)

It's a Jeep! Nothing even starts to compare to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts