Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vibration starts at 25mph and gets worse the faster you travel, I can't even get to 50mph without feeling like I'm going to fly off the road. The vibration goes away completely when it is in neutral. I can roll down a hill at 50mph with no vibration at all when it's out of gear. Any thoughts on what this could be?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,638 Posts
Yep, sounds like a tall suspension lift was installed without the dealer who sold it telling Stickrpg23 that he would have vibrations unless things were done to prevent that from happening.

What needs to be done to get rid of those vibrations will depend entirely on how tall the supension lift is and what the budget is. :)

Edit: A simple t-case drop is not enough to get rid of the vibrations a 4" suspension lift causes. You MAY get away with just installing a 1" motor mount lift to get rid of the vibes but that still leaves the driveshaft being marginally too short for that much lift height. For a 4" suspension lift, the correct/best fix is to install a SYE kit and aftermarket CV driveshaft.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgive me for being a complete noob, but is it normal for the vibration to stop when it's out of gear and still moving at the same speed?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Without the load on the drivelines, the vibes are not prominent.... normal to a point. also... check your ujoints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts