Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah yeah yeah...So I've ordered the Viper 5701 remote start w/alarm and I will be installing it this weekend...

Just wondering if anyone out there has a wiring diag for a 04TJ... it would be nice to not have to take a multimeter to 80+ wires under the dash...I love the tub and all but damn it's uncomfortable working under there:banghead:...

Going further, if anyone has been down this road, I'd sure appreciate hearing about any pitfalls you may have encountered:punk:

Thanks!
-Matt

·
Registered
142 Posts
click this link... will take you to bulldog's website (barf)... but its free info! lol

vehicle

You'll have to lose your spare key to go in the module for the transponder. Or program up a blank key using your 2 factory keys.

be sure to double check their wires as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

click this link... will take you to bulldog's website (barf)... but its free info! lol

vehicle

You'll have to lose your spare key to go in the module for the transponder. Or program up a blank key using your 2 factory keys.

be sure to double check their wires as well.
Excellent info! Exactly what I was going for...oooooh even has pictures! haha

I've found a module that supposedly will allow me to bypass the anti-theft device in tandem with the alarm/remote start without requiring a key in the Jeep. This can be found HERE

I'm going with the Viper 5701

I'll let everyone know how it goes...

Over and in...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VIPER 5701 Works Great

VIPER 5701 Works Great!!

Just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that the Viper 5701 remote start has been pretty awesome... Its been on for a year now and is solid.

Like many jeeps, mine doesn't get garage love... so coming out to a warm jeep is great!

For blizzards, it also has an option where it will start up every couple hours and run until it warms up... (no scraping the windshield and no frozen cold start engine!)

Install was a pain in the ass, but it would be much easier the second time around...but what wouldn't?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts