Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've finally picked out the remote start and security I want and was just wondering what you guys think of this system. It's the Viper Responder LC3 5706V 2-Way Remote Start and Security System. It looks great and the reviews I've seen seem very positive. I just don't know how many of those people have Jeeps :bop: Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Hi Guys, I've finally picked out the remote start and security I want and was just wondering what you guys think of this system. It's the Viper Responder LC3 5706V 2-Way Remote Start and Security System. It looks great and the reviews I've seen seem very positive. I just don't know how many of those people have Jeeps :bop: Thanks in advance!
I had the Viper smart start on my DD and it was terrific. Loved the fact that during winter I could start my car from the train so it was nice and warm when I got in. Not sure if your system has the smart phone capability, but it's well worth it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds awesome. I was going to get the factory remote start but it's almost as expensive and it works "up to 300 ft away"

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I have the Viper remote start two way on my Jeep I like it a lot it was on my SRT 8 charger before when I traded in and had it removed and put on my Jeep great system and it now probably four or five years. I also added the proximity sensor so they want to have the doors off if somebody reaches inside the Jeep it sets off the alarm. The 2 Way is an awesome feature and has great reach so if I'm in the mall and somebody starts messing with my Jeep I know or if I'm out hiking and somebody starts messing with my Jeep it alerts me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's another great feature they were telling me about. I like the idea of knowing when my tops off I am alerted if someone is messing with my jeep!

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
I recently had Car Toys install a Clifford alarm system in my 2014 JK Polar. Directed Electronics owns Clifford and Viper and the alarms are identical in features and even share the same model number between the brands (Clifford has the letter A after the model #). Also either alarm can be customized with a wide range of add on features such as the proximity detector mentioned in a previous post. The Clifford and Viper remotes are advertised to operate up to a mile away. I've never tested mine to see what the range is but can vouch for the fact that I can start my Wrangler while still in Globe Life Ballpark (Arlington TX) at the end of a baseball game to get the A/C working. Also have started my Wrangler many times while inside Academy, Walmart, grocery store, etc. The model I selected can also be controlled from my iPhone using an app provided by Directed Electronics. The app is free but they do charge a monthly fee for using the app. Theoretically the range of the app is only limited to whether you have cell service or not. The app allows you to check the status of your vehicle at any time. Also if the alarm is tripped the app sets off an alarm on your phone that sounds just like the alarm on your vehicle. I like the app but it is not foolproof. I have experienced times that the app wouldn't communicate with my Wrangler even with full bars on cell signal. In summary, you can't go wrong with either Viper or Clifford. If I had it to do over again I would not have wasted my money on the factory remote start system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the viper remote installed that uses the app. Started my car at last years Super Bowl just to warm it up. The car was back in Massachusetts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts