Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I thought I would put up some info on my new VKS Rock Sliders. See attached photos. I'll follow up on the install. My thinking on choosing these were:
1. Heavy duty, .120 wall manderal bent, USA made, in Fresno, has a step, frame mounted, can be bolted on or welded, (I'll bolt on), t upward angle, protrude outward 3-5" from the sides of the Jeep but not past the fender flares, tire to tire coverage, tops covered so my dog does not break a leg on split tubes, 3/16" plate.

I ordered last Friday and they shipped Tuesday. So Fed-x delivered them today. The arrived nicely wrapped in plastic. They do not paint or powder coat unless requested. $499 plus tax. They are 56 pounds each. Free delivery. Below are some photos. I've already begun researching the painting. Leaning towards zinc based primer followed up with either an epoxy top coat or polyurethane. If you have any painting expertise please pass it my direction. I have plenty of air and CFM to run anything which sprays paint.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
VKS makes some nice stuff. Not a paint guy but I'd say you have a lot of prep work first. Going to need to blast them or rough them up and clean them very well for good adhesion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts