Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I read something about a Skid Row Edition. The ride is really rough, the headlights suck, the roof leaks, the manual shifter pops outta gear for no good reason and it comes in this grotesque Skittles-green color...

Oh, wait. :D

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Volcano edition? Would that be Flame Red on top, blending into Deep Cherry Red, then Crush, then Dozer at the bottom?

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
I read something about a Skid Row Edition. The ride is really rough, the headlights suck, the roof leaks, the manual shifter pops outta gear for no good reason and it comes in this grotesque Skittles-green color...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts

Excuse me for saying so but, DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope to order a Gecko Rubicon Unlimited in "early" February. May I be the first to say I hope its a Tebow color ... I keep pulling for it to be good and it wins me over in the end.:angel:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I hope to order a Gecko Rubicon Unlimited in "early" February. May I be the first to say I hope its a Tebow color ... I keep pulling for it to be good and it wins me over in the end.:angel:
You haven't seen it yet? I thought there was a picture of the color, or at least something similar, floating around the forum. Kind of a Kawasaki green, though not as neon.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Here it is...pretty sure you must've seen this, though.

Courtesy of seanpholman (WF member).

Gecko is essentially the same color as Kawasaki green, very bright and nothing like Rescue Green.

Here it is from the brochure:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've seen the color on a Wrangler vehicle in the brochure but they took the picture with some kind of filtered lens which makes the color look flat and grainy which tends to make the color look bad. The "stones" color chips in the brochure tends to make Gecko look glossier and brighter. The other stones color chips (Dozer, Crush, and Winter Chill) don't look quite like the vehicles look in the metal so I'm hoping the Gecko looks better than shown in the brochure.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
:thumb:

Looks pretty cool to me. But I'm a sucker for green.

EDIT: Says the guy in a black Jeep. :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think the included picture looks great. Were I looking, THAT just might get me. I'm a big fan of contrast between the flat black and colours that favour the contrast. Sahara Tan, Silver, White, work well, so does Crush. This green, for me, does it as well. Love the contrast.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
:thumb:

Looks pretty cool to me. But I'm a sucker for green.

EDIT: Says the guy in a black Jeep. :D
Mine's black too but my 13yo daughter would kill for that green color, it's her favorite right now. I think all the colors look pretty good, and the bright, attention getting ones look good on Wranglers. Colors like Gecko and Detonator and Crush.

Personally, I would have loved to have an OD green :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Mine's black too but my 13yo daughter would kill for that green color, it's her favorite right now. I think all the colors look pretty good, and the bright, attention getting ones look good on Wranglers. Colors like Gecko and Detonator and Crush.

Personally, I would have loved to have an OD green :thumb:
I had three consecutive Kawasaki dirt bikes in that color green when I was growing up.

I agree with the colors on the Wrangler...for some reason it'll handle colors that otherwise should only be seen on a Lamborghini.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Best guess is Volcano Edition may be officially announced in February/March. Other than the name, the only concrete information is that it will be available on Sahara. My hope is that it is available in Detonator or Stinger yellow (lava flow is bright yellow among other colors).

If not, I'm resting my hopes that Gecko looks good in person (Gecko order time moved from early February to mid-February).

kbwwolf: Jeep customer service person thought the Gecko color looked similar to the green on the Kawasaki bikes. In 2012 its called Candy Lime green on the Kawasaki.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.