Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I know that these are long overdue, but I was able to get out and play some today! These are AFTER fixing the wheel well openings with TJ flares and everything is done.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks good...real good...I like how the opened wheel wells look with the tj flare..very subtle....do you notice the 4 inch stretch in ride quality on the street?

Actually I do notice better road manners. It handles good and the ride isn't so stiff, but that was probably my old springs.

Your correct on the flares hiding the stretch. You have to know jeeps and take a good look at it to realize its actually stretched. Check out the pic with the old YJ flares earlier in the thread to compare.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I know that these are long overdue, but I was able to get out and play some today! These are AFTER fixing the wheel well openings with TJ flares and everything is done.

this is the way it should of been from the start.looks perfect ,now i need new springs

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
i meant to ask beast, did you have to lengthen your front DS to make this work? i'm SOA right now and want to do the WB stretch, but i suppose i can live without the stretch if necessary.. might be looking at XJ front DS to make this work..

I already have a fixed yoke rear, and im sure 2 inch stretch in the back wont hurt much as far as pulling the splined end out a bit more.. thinking of going to the junkyard tomorrow

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
i meant to ask beast, did you have to lengthen your front DS to make this work? i'm SOA right now and want to do the WB stretch, but i suppose i can live without the stretch if necessary.. might be looking at XJ front DS to make this work..

I already have a fixed yoke rear, and im sure 2 inch stretch in the back wont hurt much as far as pulling the splined end out a bit more.. thinking of going to the junkyard tomorrow

I did, I ordered the tatton's front shaft for $150 bucks and I have to tell ya. That was money well spent. Big spline, shaft is stout and it's balanced. :punk:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well, if I remember correctly. I think my stock shaft was maxed out at 43" and shy. I'm at 44" know and have plenty of sleeve to go either way.

I'll dig threw my noted to see if I can find it as I may be wrong on my measurements.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
So i've had the waggy springs for a month or so now, finally got them on this weekend..
I got the set I used up front off a 1989 Grand Wagoneer, and the ones I used in the rear off the front of a 1980 Cherokee. I mounted them in the same orientation as they came off the vehicle, ie no stretch. Much better ride quality, haven't gotten out to flex yet but i figured i'd post up some pics and info :)

21 - 40 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.