Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1466 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone. I gotta tell ya, if 'Dune' looks anything like this then I'm pulling the trigger and ordering as soon as it opens. That's BA

I'm just trying to decide between ordering Billet, waiting to see Dune, or finding a Crush with my options (since I can't order that anymore).

So, how many of you guys are dying to find out what 'Dune' looks like before you order??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Picture from 2013 accessories catalog. Dune with Sahara wheels that have darker center. It's hard to tell with pic but its a peach looking color.

image-3093270134.jpg

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Picture from 2013 accessories catalog. Dune with Sahara wheels that have darker center. It's hard to tell with pic but its a peach looking color.

View attachment 181048
Dune looks awful in that pic. A mix of peanut butter and gold.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If that's a true to life picture then I'm definitely going with billet. Hopefully it looks more like the first picture.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perhaps they'll have a dune-colored Wrangler at the LA Auto Show that begins at the end of the month?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Sand Trooper concept JK Mopar had at SEMA is the dune color. Looks pretty sweet but not as great as Sahara Tan IMO.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Sand Trooper concept JK Mopar had at SEMA is the dune color. Looks pretty sweet but not as great as Sahara Tan IMO.
The Sand Trooper was in matte. I'm not sure if production Dune will be in matte.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Sand Trooper was in matte. I'm not sure if production Dune will be in matte.
How hard would it be to have a production paint color be matte?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
How hard would it be to have a production paint color be matte?
It has been pretty difficult for some reason. I'm not sure why. In a recent article, Jeep said they finally figured out how to do matte, but I'm not sure if Dune will be in matte.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We can only hope. Personally I think all of the military-type colors would look great in matte ie commando green, dune, anvil (if it's the Navy gray that I'm thinking of), and possibly even billet.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I'm pretty sure the SEMA one was the Dune color that will be in production. But, even if this is matte, and Dune won't be... I don't think the color will be much different. I'm sure it'll just have a clear coat added. I don't think it's metallic or pearl.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
I'm pretty sure the SEMA one was the Dune color that will be in production. But, even if this is matte, and Dune won't be... I don't think the color will be much different. I'm sure it'll just have a clear coat added. I don't think it's metallic or pearl.

mmm I know what I would be getting.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I've seen those pics and that color is pretty sexy IMO.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I wish some of these colors like Dune were metallics. My '99 was Desert Sand, which was a great color since it was metallic. I miss that color (and the Jeep) and wish you could get it now.

1 - 20 of 1466 Posts