Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

701 - 720 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Leaving Saturday on a week's trip to run Hwy 20 west to Bella Coola and do some off- roads along the way. Hoping to get photos of grizzly bears, but no close up shots for sure. Anyone with advice for us, especially on that steep, 13 mile 10-11% downhill grade into Bella Coola? - Ted

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dawson Creek B.C. Good trails here, just left my jeep in the bush for 2 days because my power steering pulley broke, plastic pile of poop! Replaced it with a metal one on the trail last night and got her home.

92' YJ Renegade, SOA conversion, detroit locker G2 Gears front and read 4:10

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Found a good use for miled out MTs. Did a 500mile trip in BCs Kootenays and Okanogan yesterday. Mostly 2 lane blacktop. Those bald MTs stick like racing slicks. Smooth, dry, HOT pavement. Temps up to 38C or 100F. Even cornering thru rough breaks where most tires would at least give chirp.... not a sound. The TJR drove like a sports car.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Raise the Leaves Charity road rally

Hey Canucks, if anyone is in the Sarnia (Southwest Ontario) area Sat Oct 15, LC Jeepers are hosting their first Raise the Leaves Charity road rally starting from the Bayview Chrysler/jeep dealership. Come out and have some fun raising the leaves!
topbanana

Attachments

·
Registered
69,480 Posts
Hey Canucks, if anyone is in the Sarnia (Southwest Ontario) area Sat Oct 15, LC Jeepers are hosting their first Raise the Leaves Charity road rally starting from the Bayview Chrysler/jeep dealership. Come out and have some fun raising the leaves!
topbanana
:thumb: looks like fun!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all from Ottawa, about an hour from complete wilderness on the Quebec side of the river. I have an 08 Sahara hardtop. Looking for info on what tires people are using - has anyone tried the Hankook Optimo 4S yet? Other jeep people have recommended General Grabber. I do a fair bit of highway driving as well as off road. Help!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Always been a big fan of Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's. I do a lot of travelling (New Orleans, Montana, Maine) as well as venturing back roading in these areas alone and they have never failed me yet. They wear very well and the noise is there but it's not the howl of full mudders. Extra bonus is they are winter rated as snow tires!
Topbanana
:thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Still great weather for 'jeeping', at least in the my area - Bobcaygeon, ON. Get out and enjoy!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Still great weather for 'jeeping', at least in the my area - Bobcaygeon, ON. Get out and enjoy!
Certainly getting cooler. I had an opportunity to go out and get muddy Monday. Recently regeared and put lockers front and rear so it was a good opportunity to see how they performed.

Still new to the jeep experience but constantly being surprised at their off-road abilities. There were times Monday where I thought, "This is where we get stuck...", but not even close. Certainly helps when you're exploring with buddies so if you do get stuck, someone's there to haul you out. We've only been out in Marlboro forest so far where most trails are tame. Baby steps.

/a

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello Canada! I'm from Woodbridge Ontario. Just got myself a 2017 Big Bear Wrangler Jk. It is awesome! I've changed the fogs to led's and have added some lower windshield pod lights. Anyone know of any trials in Ontario where I can check out?

Attachments

701 - 720 of 726 Posts