Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to Wal Mart to get a couple quarts of ATF+4 transmission fluid to change my transfer case but all that was on the shelves was WalMart's SuperTech made in Canada. Not sure about this brand I ended up going to O'Reilly's for a popular well know brand.

Does anyone know about the quality of SuperTech fluids and if it's generally a cheaper quality like WalMart seems to carry in a lot of items?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Most oils and stuff are held to a standard and I feel like the Walmart brand would be comparable. I use their 20w-50 motor oil for my Scags hydraulic fluid, but besides that, I don't use it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I too have used their fluids with no problems. I also have sent the motor oil from my diesel to Blackstone labs for testing, and their oil has shown to test as well as a couple of other national brands.
Since to change the oil in my diesel it takes 3 GALLONS, plus 1 QUART, the cost for changing is steep. So, since I have had no problems I do use their oils.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
More than likely they are made by a big brand anyway....

I've used the stuff in yard equipment for years, never an issue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
While we're on the wal-mart topic....
I stopped by wal-mart last week to pick up the supplies for an oil change and noticed that they carry genuine Mopar oil filters for our rigs. I picked up a couple. Run about $7 - $8 bucks a piece.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I'll feel better the next time I need oil and SuperTech is all they have, and besides that WallyWorld is a lot more handy than others. I noticed they did have a few Mopar filters but not one for my Jeep that day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Although I have a couple of preferred brands, I'm sure Walmart SuperTech oils are quality products.

Changing your oil regularly and using a quality filter is much more important then any brand name.

It always cracks me up when I see someone in the parts store purchasing Mobile 1 or some other high dollar oil with the cheapest p.o.s. oil filter you can buy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts