Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody Running the Wrangler Authority 31x10.50x15 for Wal-Mart?They have them on sale for $148... Are they any good? They look alot like the Duratracs and if they preform like them it will be a good deal.

·
Registered
22,334 Posts
I love them!! They've been on my jeep for about 2 years now.. have over 80000 miles on them. Getting ready to replace them in January with some more authorities

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ran them for about 30k miles, good tire for the money I think. I average 3k miles a month so I got tired of the noise, which isn't horrible but after putting some a/t tires on it was night and day.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good tire for a good price. 2 years, 20k miles on mine. they do well in the snow here in Alaska. Nothing bad to report, but nothing to compare it to, except the tires they replaced, which didn't have much tread left, so no real comparison. No chunks tore out of the tires when driven in cobble dry river beds, or bad rocky Roads.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Good luck I wanted them, had to wait a week and a half because they only had two. Got the other two in took jeep in and they said they couldn't put them on because they weren't the recommended tire size for the vehicle! Unless I wanted to take the rims in then they could mount them on the rims! Said no thanks and went to a local dealer and put some Mastercraft CT's on it and for a better price!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Good luck I wanted them, had to wait a week and a half because they only had two. Got the other two in took jeep in and they said they couldn't put them on because they weren't the recommended tire size for the vehicle! Unless I wanted to take the rims in then they could mount them on the rims! Said no thanks and went to a local dealer and put some Mastercraft CT's on it and for a better price!
I have heard that so I was just going to pick them up and take them to my buddys garage and put the on myself. I thought $148 each was a good price for a 31x10.50. Just wanted to hear from someone that was running them. I hate to spend the money if the are junk, They are almost $60 bucks cheaper than the Duratracs the same side.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have heard that so I was just going to pick them up and take them to my buddys garage and put the on myself. I thought $148 each was a good price for a 31x10.50. Just wanted to hear from someone that was running them. I hate to spend the money if the are junk, They are almost $60 bucks cheaper than the Duratracs the same side.
Where are you located? I have a full set of Jeep aluminum wheels and tires (Nexen) that have great tread on them.. I will sell you the whole set for the cost of 2 tires..

Dana

·
Registered
360 Posts
I didn't run them on my Jeep yet, but I had a set on my previous vehicle, a Mazda B3000 pickup. They replaced a long lasting but finally worn out set of Cooper Discoverer STT's (IMO one of the best offroad tires I've ever run).

The Wrangler Authoritys were not quite as dominating offroad, but they were in the same ballpark- great sand traction for an aggressive tire, they cleared mud pretty well, and were pretty long lasting too. Maybe a little noisy on the street. I've read some concerns about sidewall strength being a 2 ply, but they held up to everything I threw at them just fine (not much rock crawling in Eastern NC).

Here's about the best pic I have of then on the truck, 31x10.50 on 15x8 wheels (plus a shameless plug of my dogs):

Dog Canidae Vehicle Dog breed Car

·
Registered
50 Posts
WalMart will mount any size tire if you take them off at home & carry them in,they did a fine job with my 33"MT's,no questions asked about my OE tire size!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have almost 6,000 on a set of GY Wrangler Authority in 235/85R-16 (tall and skinny 32"). $168 a copy. I can't tell any difference between the OEM GY Wrangler Durawalls. Took them into some severe rocks last month and they did fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have almost 6,000 on a set of GY Wrangler Authority in 235/85R-16 (tall and skinny 32"). $168 a copy. I can't tell any difference between the OEM GY Wrangler Durawalls. Took them into some severe rocks last month and they did fine.
Nice jeep. How much lift are you running?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Littlejoe said:
Thanks Man, I have the 4cyl, also. Nice Rig.
Thanks, I know it takes a minute to get up and go but I love my 4 banger. She still keeps up off road.....although not mudding lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts