Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Former multiple jeep owner (TJs, XJs, ZJs, etc) and have been away from the forums for awhile. Picking up an 05 Rubihara LJ this weekend and am excited to be back in a jeep. Looking for meetups, wrench turning buddies, and trails in the area. (I am newer to GA and only know logging trails at my hunting camp" Whats happening?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome neighbor, first time owner here with a DD '14 JK from Newton Co. Not aware of any legal rides that don't require a half a day commitment but would love to find something local as I have small children. I love the LJ's but what is a Rubihara?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on. I was living over in Augusta but new job brought me here. I wheeled on the logging trails there but theres a lot less here. Theres durhamtown not too far away though. I am just up 81 from Newton and looked around in Oxford and Covington. A rubihara is the 2005 model LJ that was a rubicon with sahara package. its a special edition for the movie "Sahara" and only 1000 were made. www.rubiconsahara.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
Right on. I was living over in Augusta but new job brought me here. I wheeled on the logging trails there but theres a lot less here. Theres durhamtown not too far away though. I am just up 81 from Newton and looked around in Oxford and Covington. A rubihara is the 2005 model LJ that was a rubicon with sahara package. its a special edition for the movie "Sahara" and only 1000 were made. www.rubiconsahara.com
Hey I am in Augusta now, where are the trails you used to go on? I'm a beginner so not looking for anything crazy, but it seems like anything legal is over an hour away! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also Former multiple jeep owner 91/94/11 third one is a charm! Been up to Tray, WarWoman, Amicalola Falls and Lithonia rock quarry when it was open, so it's been awhile, have some great memories and pictures! The latest is not setup to much like the latter two but much more comfort to say the least. I also really hate the V6!

I haven't take this one off road like the the other two but setup fairly nicely. First jeep that had an Auto Transmission for a very long time. Live here in Walton County. Anyone up for camping? Working on a Jeep? Have nice welder and plasma cutter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts