Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 jk. Was always pulling to the left. Found out my tie rods, ball joints and u-joints were all worn out. Got them replaced with heavy duty synergy ones. Got the alignment done. Then it was wandering and still pulling to the left. Went back to my mechanic, he said to install adjustable lower castor arms and it would solve the problem. Got it done. Aligned again...pulled to the left still but not as much. Drove up to San Francisco for vacation...wandering was slightly there on the way up but really there on the way back. Talked to my friend who has a an 06 and same problem. Cannot figure out why it is there. Anybody know of a solution? Can't even tow the jeep behind an rv or truck. It goes all over the place. (My friends jeep).

I have a 2.5" suspension lift,
Rubicon suspension (extra 1.5" lift)
Stock axels.
New drive shafts (Adams)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also have 1" spacers on the front tires since the tie rod was rubbing on the rim.

And stock rims.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
34,851 Posts
Most that have read this, would like to see your alignment numbers, before making recommendations!!!!

Also are you saying, that you have 1" spacers in the front only and not in the rear???

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The tie rod was rubbing on the actual wheel or the tire?? And I'll ask also, only wheel spacers on the front wheels??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. 1" spacers only in the front. The bar was rubbing on the actual rim.

Alignment is in specs pretty much. Castor is set to about 6° My mechanic told me the synergy ones like to be around there.

Ball joints are synergy. I drove from LA to San Fransiscso over the weekend plus put a few miles on before heading up so the ball joints have had plentyof miles to break-in. I forgot to grab my alignment read-out at home. I will try to post a pic tomorrow

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, disconnect the stabilizer on one end and drive it. 100% positive that is what is causing the pull.
Ok. What the heck?!? It did fix the problem! Question is, will I be getting the death wobble with no stabilizer shock? Is there a way to keep the shock on there and not have the pulling problem?

Thank you very very much!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My JK is pulling right because of radial pull and I run the Teraflex stabilizer, which doesn't pull left. Sounds like we should swap!

·
Super Moderator
14,506 Posts
Yep, that's a win.

Bilstein pulls (actually pushes) left, TF no pull...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, that's a win. Bilstein pulls (actually pushes) left, TF no pull...
The shock actually decompresses slow so it is actually defective. I am going to get warranty to fix/replace it.

I will check out TF. Grab one when I get some money back into my pockets from my jeep. Haha

Thanks for the help everyone. I guess I didn't need to spend the $2000 replacing everything on the steering. Just a lousy $100 shock. 😖🔫

1 - 16 of 16 Posts