Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys/Gals New to this Forum world so bear with me, New to Jeeps as Well, Moving from (2) Wheels to (4) Wheels and this is like learning to paint. So let me tell you about me and what I do so you can have a better idea on how to assist me and your knowledge is gospel to me. I am retiring from the Army in 4 months and my gift to me is a new 2013 Sport Unlimited. I pick it up in March after I return to the states form Korea, I have many friends who have just got the same jeep and their all doing their own modifications, For 20 years I been gunning and running and riding my Harley's hard. I play in the MC world now I want to experience the off road world. You all need detail here is some thing I am looking for. I want to go off road, and some mud-den too, but I want to limit road noise as well. I want to raise it and have at 33' inch tires. I don't want the high look but the wide look. So I am asking you to help me in the beginning stages to design my new jeep. I am married to a Filipina so she is small so I need a way for her to get up and in the thing, also I have the Black Appearance Group with it. I will need front and rear bumpers and a good winch. Ok thats it so far ask what other info you need and can't wait to here from you all ..........

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Welcome :wavey:

Good news is you don't need a lift for 33's. just wheels with less backspacing which all your aftermarket wheels do anyways.
"The combo" 33x12.5x15" is a very popular tire/wheel combo here. GY Duratrac and MB72 or similar 15" wheel.
Cheaper tire with 15's too :)
Good luck. Any other questions ask away

Ken

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome to fray! I just picked up my JK so I will let others who already have the modifications you are after weigh in with their advice on different suspensions (although not needed for 33's as mentioned above), bumpers, and winches.

One thing that might be helpful - where do you plan to wheel or travel once you get back to the States?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :wavey: Thanks for serving our country! :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know where I will be living at, Still active til 01 June 2012 then it all depends on where I get a Job looks like Va area working out of DC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts