Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some new cool headlights. I want something brighter and not so boring. Can I get some help?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dont know about "cool", but if you want headlights that are extremely brighter....

Get the Truck-lites. I got them a month ago and wish I would have gotten them the same day as I bought my Jeep.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
More usable light on the cheap = KC H4 kit.

If you have more cash, the other options posted are bright as hell. I have DRL's so I didn't want to mess around with LED's. My KC's are better than stock and only $109 with free shipping. Put better bulbs in there and you get even greater performance over stock.

Pictured are KC 5" 55w fogs $119
KC H4 Kit $109

Light up the road something fierce and don't blind anyone, unlike some other options available. I can't stand the "white/blue" light... not usable in the fog/snow we get here. I prefer a color close to stock.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think I remember when doing some research on the LED lights, that they don't get hot enough to melt snow off the headlights. (i just got trucklites recently and no snow around to try it out) but maybe read up around the forum and factor that into the decisions if it applies.

Updated: some quick reading shows some say the lack of heat won't cause as much moisture on the lens so you get less buildup...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Whole section on lighting too... Lots of info.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I was set on Truck-Lite but now I'm considering J.W. Speaker 8700 especially with the matching fog lights. Expensive though. Not sure what to do :confused:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I was set on Truck-Lite but now I'm considering J.W. Speaker 8700 especially with the matching fog lights. Expensive though. Not sure what to do :confused:
Price vs Performance... I think the cheapest would be the KC's, then the IPF's. Personally, I don't think I'd want the LED's even if you gave them to me for free. Did the white/blue light thing before and it was a complete 'wash out' in snow and fog, for my eyes anyway. HID's are nice, if you are not the guy who is driving towards you and getting blinded.

Glad I went the route I did. New headlights and aux fogs, I can now see well and not blind anyone. Also have the 'close to stock' color I wanted and spent only $230 for both ($300 for everything, including the brackets).

·
Registered
449 Posts
I did the silverstar bulbs a while ago. Didnt like them because i saw no real gain in brightness. Plus the color wasnt white/blue like the package said, but it was enough of a difference that you could tell they are different from the fogs.

I went ahead and put my stock ones back in so that all my bulbs are the same color. Kinda picky maybe? :)

PS: if you have the KC Super white long ranges, they arent so white. Same color as stock headlights

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Ha..I just sold my JW Speaker 8700s. Put in HIDs...and I am missing the JW Speakers. The HIDs are brighter but they don't have as good of a spread pattern as the 8700s. I have also order the JW 6145 fog light replacements. Hopefully they will be here soon. Its only been a week without the JWs, but I could see myself going back them pretty quickly. Damn this thing is a bad habit.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Price vs Performance... I think the cheapest would be the KC's, then the IPF's. Personally, I don't think I'd want the LED's even if you gave them to me for free. Did the white/blue light thing before and it was a complete 'wash out' in snow and fog, for my eyes anyway. HID's are nice, if you are not the guy who is driving towards you and getting blinded.

Glad I went the route I did. New headlights and aux fogs, I can now see well and not blind anyone. Also have the 'close to stock' color I wanted and spent only $230 for both ($300 for everything, including the brackets).
HIDs that are properly retrofitted don't blind people. What lights did you go with?

Ha..I just sold my JW Speaker 8700s. Put in HIDs...and I am missing the JW Speakers. The HIDs are brighter but they don't have as good of a spread pattern as the 8700s. I have also order the JW 6145 fog light replacements. Hopefully they will be here soon. Its only been a week without the JWs, but I could see myself going back them pretty quickly. Damn this thing is a bad habit.
What HIDs did you go with?

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you want some really "cool" and bright headlights and have a good amount of cash. Check out hidprojectors.com

He makes the coolest custom lights that you want and very bright HIDs

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the TruckLites on my 11 JKU. They are the best light on the market. The are black when off and BRIGHT as h**l when on. I use my Jeep for FD emergencies and when I hit the wigwags ppl move over....FAST. Best aftermarket purchase I've ever made. It was difficult pulling the $500 trigger but i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the TruckLites on my 11 JKU. They are the best light on the market. The are black when off and BRIGHT as h**l when on. I use my Jeep for FD emergencies and when I hit the wigwags ppl move over....FAST. Best aftermarket purchase I've ever made. It was difficult pulling the $500 trigger but i'd do it again in a heartbeat.
what part number?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts