Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure what kind of shocks would be best for my jk our my desert offroading. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

·
First Jeep: M38A1
368 Posts
You need to tell us what you have - Sport?

What kind of 'desert offroading' - dry sandy washes, fire roads, slick rock?

Speed - just crawling along, or trying to get from Point A to Point B in a hurry?

Have you offroaded with your current shocks? What don't you like?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 2008 unlimited x.
I offroad in dry sandy areas with rolling hills. My shocks feel to bouncy on the soft sand.
I go for speeding through the desert and up and down the soft sandy hills.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Try the Rancho RS9000XL. Adjustable and work great on sandy washboard. I had them on my Toyota 4x4 truck in the sand in Yuma AZ and they worked great at speed.
Or if you have deep pockets, get a shock with an external reservoir like the FOX shocks. Shocks of that calibre are what you really need for high speed running in the desert sand.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Gotta agree with 71K5, the RS9000XL shocks will handle ANYTHING you run into in the desert--and rocks and streams and hills and towing and-----etc !

I've used them for 2-1/2 years in the Nv Desert/Sierra and towing on-road/off-road

Can't beatem

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
If...........

:whistling: Gotta agree with 71K5, the RS9000XL shocks will handle ANYTHING you run into in the desert--and rocks and streams and hills and towing and-----etc !

I've used them for 2-1/2 years in the Nv Desert/Sierra and towing on-road/off-road

Can't beatem

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO
-------------------
............... Jimbo uses them and approves them for desert use....... END OF STORY:thumb:

Getem:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts