Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
i am fluent in kryptonian
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read several posts on this and have even posted the question my self on this forum, but sales people argue with me giving me doubt and i would just like some reassurance before i finally schedule my regear...

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4.0l Engine, 42RLE automatic transmission, D30 front, D44 rear, current 33" tires, after they're done 35" tires...

Are 5.13s the preferred ratio for my set up?

The sales guy told me 4.56-4.88 are what i need, that 5.13s are not gonna feel right, and that "ill be the one who has to pay for it to be re-done when i realize i dont like it"

·
Registered
'13 JKU Rubi 10A and '01 TJ Sport
140 Posts
Yes with the 42RLE you will want all the gearing you can get due to the super high overdrive. You have an LJ too which is heavier than a standard TJ. For 35s and that transmission combo, 5.13s are the bare minimum. Don't listen to the sales guy. I doubt he knows all the different transmission options in the TJ. That's probably just a blanket recommendation he's making. You really need to gear each vehicle based on its tire size, engine, and transmission gearing. There's no one size fits all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.