Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,
Long story short, yes, I can buy the normal every-day "Red and Tacky" and all the others on the shelves in Walmart, Auto Zone, Oreilies, and any other auto parts store across the country. For the most part, they suffice in most lube applications like ball joints, tie rod ends, u-joints, and other applications. But, what I'm looking for is something seriously stronger, waaaaaay more tacky, almost non squeeze-out performance grease.

This may not be the correct place to ask about this product as it's a Jeep (JK) tech forum but, I figure maybe there's some really good experienced wrenches out there that might have an insight to a really good, mil-spec, industrial grease out there that's seriously strong stuff. If anyone's got a link, an "in" or, just some information as to where I might find this SUPER GREASE, I'd surely appreciate it.

I've got a very special need for this so, the standard greases just won't do.
Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I've got a very special need for this so, the standard greases just won't do.
Without knowing the application and operating conditions, it's tough to recommend a specific grease. High temp / low temp? High speed / low speed? Rolling element bearings? Etc.

Anyhow, check out Schaeffer greases at:
http://www.schaefferoil.com/greases.html

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Without knowing the application and operating conditions, it's tough to recommend a specific grease. High temp / low temp? High speed / low speed? Rolling element bearings? Etc.

Anyhow, check out Schaeffer greases at:
Schaeffer Oil | Heavy Duty High Performance Moly Greases
First off,
I surely want to thank any and all of you for trying to assist me on this endeavor of a hunt, for the highest quality, strongest, most "Squeeze-out" resistive grease available. At present, I have a couple of needs for this kind of grease but, one in particular.
It's kind of hard to describe but, in short, I have a piece of metal, SLIDING in between two black HDPE plastic blocks. The metal is a brace/limiter on an Itasca Motor home entry door. The brace is flat for the most part but, it splits and the two parts separate in to a sharp rise and fall, to flat again. As the brace slides through the two plastic blocks, which are under extreme pressure from short, extra strong springs, those blocks ride up and over the split and down the other side.
But, as the blocks ride down the "ramp" to the flat part of the brace, they "slam" back down, causing a loud SNAP. If I lube that system, they slide and are very quiet, FOR A WHILE. Then, shortly after it's been lubed, any AND ALL GREASES I've tried, simply squeeze out and, the SNAP begins all over again.
So, this is why I'm looking for the strongest, stickiest, tackiest, most squeeze-out resistive grease on the planet. Hope this helps some.
Scott

·
Registered
122 Posts
LUBRIPLATE "1240" SERIES
LUBRIPLATE No. 1240, 1241 and 1242 are polymer type lubricants designed for heavy-duty and severe service applications that call for continuous protection under heavy load, moisture and other environmental extremes.
LUBRIPLATE No. 1242 is an NLGI grade 2 lubricant and is an excellent multipurpose, extreme pressure grease. LUBRIPLATE No. 1242 is recommended for the following:
Heavy-Duty Chassis Lubrication Ball Joints, King Pins, Steering Knuckles Bucket Loader Ball Joints
Open Gears, Racks, Cams, Slides & Ways
The additive system in LUBRIPLATE No. 1242 enables it to prevent fretting corrosion. Because of its polymer molecular structure, LUBRIPLATE No. 1242 grease is ideal for oscillating motion.
LUBRIPLATE No. 1241 is ideally suited for bushing and sleeve-type bearings especially in heavy load, tight tolerance applications to form a continuous film without sacrificing shear stability.
LUBRIPLATE No. 1240 is also ideal for heavy load, tight tolerance situations and can be pumped easily through automatic dispensing systems on construction and mining equipment as well as industrial applications.
ADVANTAGES
- Excellent extreme pressure anti-wear protection.
- Extremely shear-stable for longer effective periods of lubrication.
- High temperature capabilities.
- Very good sealing properties to keep out water and dirt.
- Polymer type to improve tenacity and stay-put properties under high shear and heavy load conditions. - Outstanding water resistance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
But, as the blocks ride down the "ramp" to the flat part of the brace, they "slam" back down, causing a loud SNAP.
Any possibility of taking it apart and putting a chamfer on the edges of the blocks? The idea would be to limit the velocity of the blocks as they return to making contact with the brace. Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts