Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for what options are out there to change the basic black T shape one on my 2009 JK. It seems there are lots of options for a manual but not automatic. Has anyone done this and what did you go with?

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
If you have a black T shaped shift knob, it is not original.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
That is OEM and I don't know of any aftermarket options but I've never searched for any. Google your year of JK and aftermarket auto handle and see if anything shows up. If not, you'd probably have to change the whole shifter out and that'd be a process for sure.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Doesn’t look to be too difficult and there seem to be several choices tor replacements.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Unfortunately, they are ALL ugly. HAHA At least for automatics. I hate my 18' set up.
Finally, the 19' JL's shifters look pretty nice, with the short throw "look" and the leather boots. Just imho.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
OP - do you have to push the button to shift the transmission?

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
Read all the way to the bottom of the description where is states Years Covered:

Years Covered:

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
Your 2009 has a button that has to be depressed, which engages a cable I believe, that allows you to move the gear shift lever. The one pictured appears to be for the newer gate style automatic gear shift lever. I would call them, but I think the answer is it won't fit based on what I posted above. :blackeye

·
Registered
728 Posts

These are actually much better than I've seen before....its just the "set up" that's so plain and ugly. Throw some nice leather boots on both the shifters, or maybe a nice LED detail or something....the 4Lo/4hi is so dark you cant see it when you look down!
Wish Jeep would take a page from the Japanese or British manufacturers, as far as some their interiors...specifically their
knobbery :lmao:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts