Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a 2015 JK that came with the factory hard top. It's a pain to take off and put on by myself. I'd like a top that I can install relatively quickly that isn't an hours-long process.

I was thinking about getting one of those Harken Hoisters for inside my garage, but I don't think my Jeep will fit past the garage door once I get my 35's and 2.5" lift.

So here's my questions:

Which Bestop tops can you install all the hardware for the soft top, and still use the hard top, like a non-factory dual-top option??

Which top do you have, and how long does it take for you to put it back on?

Not sure if this makes any sense, as I'm just learning about the soft tops, but which tops are fully removable vs. a fold-back convertible type like on previous generation Wranglers?

Any advice or pictures / more info is always welcomed!!

Thanks guys!! :drinks:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Im in the same boat- but you may need to read a few of the threads out there that have addressed this topic!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have a 2015 JK that came with the factory hard top. It's a pain to take off and put on by myself. I'd like a top that I can install relatively quickly that isn't an hours-long process.

I was thinking about getting one of those Harken Hoisters for inside my garage, but I don't think my Jeep will fit past the garage door once I get my 35's and 2.5" lift.

So here's my questions:

Which Bestop tops can you install all the hardware for the soft top, and still use the hard top, like a non-factory dual-top option??

Which top do you have, and how long does it take for you to put it back on?

Not sure if this makes any sense, as I'm just learning about the soft tops, but which tops are fully removable vs. a fold-back convertible type like on previous generation Wranglers?

Any advice or pictures / more info is always welcomed!!

Thanks guys!! :drinks:
I just went through this decision as well and after a lot of reading and also my motivations of easy up and down of the top on the road (not leaving the top at home) the OEM top seemed to make the most sense. And when it comes to the OEM top, Craigslist is your friend. I started my search and ended up picking up an almost new (one week of use) 2013 Sunrider soft top (non-premium) for $500 including all installation hardware, door frames and brackets.

Good luck in your search...

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Where are you located?

I've got an OEM premium top that I would swap for a factory hardtop - there may be others in similar situations

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Stock soft top is the best for me. Folding back the top is still the best option. I don't like the way they look when they are up, but when a sudden storm pops up I can still put it up in less than 5 minutes. I also like to run a shade with rest of top open. That is a better option than the full safari tops the Bestops have. Sunrider is also a nice feature of the stock soft top for those beautiful winter days we have in Dallas.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I like the soft top as well. If you live in an area where the weather is a little unpredictable I like to be able to put the top up even if I don't have the Windows.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I love my Trektop NX, it's very versatile. I like the slant back look and can be used as a regular soft top that has the sun rider feature, take the windows out and you have a safari top. You can take the whole thing off too but it's not as quick or as easy as folding back the stock soft top. That's really the only trade-off with the NX. You do have to remove two brackets to put the hardtop back on.

I ran with my doors off most of the summer and I found myself never really wanting to take the whole thing off cause I wanted the shade of the safari top and I could still flip the sun rider back and be pretty open.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yup another vote for the OEM soft top. I love mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts