Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy rides with me at least 4 days a week and we love to hit the trails together. He's short and round and already has trouble getting into my stock JKU. I really want to lift it a few inches and put on bigger wheels this summer, but I know doing so will make it pretty much impossible for him to get into the Jeep.

Are there any heavy duty stairs that I could buy that would allow him easier access? I've seen stirrups but I definitely wouldn't trust him to not fall and break something using those. I also have two dogs that go everywhere with me and while they can jump into the Jeep now, adding a few inches would probably cause them problems, if not now, when they're older. I'm sure I could get a ramp or something for the dogs, but that doesn't help out my buddy so stairs of some sort would be ideal.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Your a good thoughtful friend.
How about some sort of foot stool or milk crate that you could then put into the back floor area.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I've thought about getting a step just for the passenger side for whenever one of my parents rides with me. They always complain when they get in my Pathfinder and it's not even lifted lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some type of footstool would probably work. I think he'd top the weight limit on a milk crate, plus his balance isn't the best. I really like those Amp steps. Pricey but would be good for my dogs too. Might have to save up for them if I decide to lift/go up on my wheel size. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts