Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i want to be able to use the A/C in every position of the "mode select control switch".
a guy told me that cutting the upper green cable (the connector on the right upper side on the picture below) and putting in a switch there will make me able to turn the A/C off if i don´t want it.
he also told me that cutting the same cable and putting in a switch between the lower black cable and the green cable will make me able to turn on/off the A/C in every position of the "mode select control switch".
is that right?

thanks for your help.

nicolas-eric :)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I don't have a schematic handy but you can test this fairly easy with an electrical test light.
Is the green wire charged only when the A/C is on?
Is the black wire charged all the time?
If so then I would think the directions you have should work.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
so the switch interrupts ground?
ok, same thing still applies doesn't it? you can use an electrical tester to make sure you're working with the correct wires.
If you have the correct wires then your description of how to bypass the factory switching assembly makes sense to my fuzzy brain.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the FSM also says that black and the upper green are connected with AC turned on.
black and the middle darker green cable are connected when the fan is on (in every other position than "0" on the switch).

i think i´ll try to install a switch...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts