Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 2 Door Jeeps have the extra seat in the "Cargo" area. That can be removed. I have 3 kids, so 3 across the back seat is tight. I have seen several different options for adding seating.

I have done the research on rear-facing seats and saftey. Rear facing seats are more safe the forward facing ones. And rear collisions have less energy than forward collisions. Plus the seat in the cargo area of a 4 door is no less safe than the seat in the cargo area of a 2 door. So please do not have saftey discussions here.

Option 1: Add a OEM 2 door back seat. Many 2 door owners take these out, you can pick them up pretty inexpensively and many people sell the appropriate mounting brackets (Like Terraflex). The cons is that these seats dont come with seatbelts, and I gotta FIND one in North Carolina.

Option 2: Little Passenger Seats: Forward or Rear Mounting (id mount rear facing), shoulder belts. Folds down. cloth that matches your vehicle. Cons: Expensive. Damn near $1000 for the whole thing.

Anyone know of any other options? Quadratech has a lot of seats for sale, but only bench seats for older jeeps (TJ etc). Anyone make an aftermarket replacement bench seat for JKs?

·
Registered
354 Posts
deleted

·
Registered
62 Posts
same issue with my wife's G500. If you're mechanically inclined check E bay under "jump seats" and see if any of those appeal to you. Maybe you can make something work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts