Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanting to go full width, possibly out of a 3/4 ton ??? what would be the simpler axles to install and out of what ???

going for a 3.9 4BT to all chevy tranny to axles.

I am assuming chevy would be best to locate and install.

anyone have a good writeup on front axle install when considering steering ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used a ford dana 44 front axle and a ford nine inch out of a 78f150 the install was easy enough just getting the correct placement and angle before welding your spring perches on the only issues I had was when I was changeing the gears on the front I went through 5 berriings getting the correct shims in place the reason I went with ford was because of the driver side drop on the transfer case

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you're looking for Chevrolet parts you won't be able to use the Ford front axle because the differential is on the wrong side(driver). Most Chevy axles are on the passenger side. However, you can get a newer Chevy transfer case that drops on the driver side. I am running a Chevy new process 241c so I can keep my d30 front until it busts. There are a million different combinations you can do. A lot of it depends on how hard you push the skinny pedal, what size tires you want to run, and the most important BUDGET. The best thing to do is read, read, read, fall asleep, then read some more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts