Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at new lift kits i currently have a rough country 3.25 lift and was thinking about going to a skyjacker 4" lift, i was wondering what everybody thinks about the 4" economy lift kit and the 4" value lift kit and also what is some other recomendations for a 4" for under $1000

·
Administrator
12,640 Posts
what don't you like about the current one that .75" will solve?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
That's like trading a Chevy Chevette for a Chrysler K car. Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Also keep in mind that when you step up to a 4" kit you are looking at adding an sye and a new rear drive shaft. About 500 more bucks in parts right there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about under 1500? And if im going to have to get a sye and drive shafts shouldnt i just go all out and get a 6" lift? I do plan on running 35's when ever i get around to getting a ford 8.8 for the back, im currently on 33's and my rough country is old, it squeaks very loudly now and is also a very rough ride

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Bamafan4life said:
What about under 1500? And if im going to have to get a sye and drive shafts shouldnt i just go all out and get a 6" lift? I do plan on running 35's when ever i get around to getting a ford 8.8 for the back, im currently on 33's and my rough country is old, it squeaks very loudly now and is also a very rough ride
I am very happy with my Rubicon express 3.5 super flex. It was about 1300 shipped for free and my bilstien shocks were about 300 shipped. They also make a 4.5 kit. As for going up to 6" you have a whole different set of bugs to work out when it starts getting too tall. Also, my 3.5 has netted about 4" of lift even after settling. Quality springs make a huge difference. I upgraded my sye and rear ds when I was at 2" of lift with a belly up and upgraded my lift later.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Been trying to order Bilstein shocks for my LJ. Got an email stating they are on back order and won't be available till November. Is this normal? How does this company stay in business when it takes 2 months to order there shocks. I've heard Bilstein shocks are pretty good so it's what I want. Should be around 400 shipped. Anyone else take this long to order these shocks?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Been trying to order Bilstein shocks for my LJ. Got an email stating they are on back order and won't be available till November. Is this normal? How does this company stay in business when it takes 2 months to order there shocks. I've heard Bilstein shocks are pretty good so it's what I want. Should be around 400 shipped. Anyone else take this long to order these shocks?
You need to contact a vendor on jeepforum named Kolak. I ordered a set of 5100s for under $300 shipped. Took quite some time to receive my shocks due to the typical inventory shortage but it was well worth the wait.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Big Cole said:
You need to contact a vendor on jeepforum named Kolak. I ordered a set of 5100s for under $300 shipped. Took quite some time to receive my shocks due to the typical inventory shortage but it was well worth the wait.
Thank you, just sent him a PM. How do you like your shocks? I hope it's worth the wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.