Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:surrender:I done a search and didn't turn up anything that was of any help to me. I had a 93 YJ one time and know a little about the YJ setup but now I own a 04 RUBICON TJ, I don't know anything about a TJ suspension or how to put a lift on, and budget lifts or professional lifts.

What I'm wanting to do is raise my Jeep 2 inches, I like the Rubicon wheels and tires that come on this jeep but think it would look better with 2 inches of lift. My jeep is my DD and a mall crawler mostly, I do take it to Land Between the Lakes recreation Area near my house, and drive their turkey bay off road area sometimes and could use a bit of lift, but mostly want one for looks.

I have budgeted myself $100-$299 dollar limit, and was wondering what are my options? I done a little shopping on quadratec and seen spacer kit, spacer kits with shocks, some kits with springs and shocks, and I'm confused. I wanna keep my ride quality I have now, so what would be my options?

If I where to go with a spacer kit, should I go with the one with no shocks, or should I go with the one with shocks? I confused, and appreciate your help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you could up your budget about 100 dollars you could get a suspension lift from tough country with progressive rate springs. Also comes with shocks and transfer drop kit. I put the 2.5 lift on my 2000 in my driveway and it works great. Mine is also a daily driver and I think this lift worked great I have since gone bigger but I had it for several years and loved it.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
:surrender:I done a search and didn't turn up anything that was of any help to me. I had a 93 YJ one time and know a little about the YJ setup but now I own a 04 RUBICON TJ, I don't know anything about a TJ suspension or how to put a lift on, and budget lifts or professional lifts.

What I'm wanting to do is raise my Jeep 2 inches, I like the Rubicon wheels and tires that come on this jeep but think it would look better with 2 inches of lift. My jeep is my DD and a mall crawler mostly, I do take it to Land Between the Lakes recreation Area near my house, and drive their turkey bay off road area sometimes and could use a bit of lift, but mostly want one for looks.

I have budgeted myself $100-$299 dollar limit, and was wondering what are my options? I done a little shopping on quadratec and seen spacer kit, spacer kits with shocks, some kits with springs and shocks, and I'm confused. I wanna keep my ride quality I have now, so what would be my options?

If I where to go with a spacer kit, should I go with the one with no shocks, or should I go with the one with shocks? I confused, and appreciate your help.
$100 your can doa 2" BB Budget Boost. "just spring spacers" but how big are you lookin to go? what size tires are you wanting? what are you going for looks, performance, both what?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry for not noticing the sticky, and I will check that out, I'm kind of new on the site.

I'm mostly going for looks, I like the factory moabs that come on my Rubicon, I think their just sexy, I'm a big fan of a five spoke wheel.

I don't wanna put junk in my jeep, but I don't do serious off roading, drive down a muddy farm road every now and then, but mostly I drive to and from work, and I have seen a Rubicon LJ with about a two inch Lift one time with a little bit more rubber on factory moabs, and I thought it was awesome.

I've had my jeep for a year now, and I'd like to make mine look like the LJ I seen but I don't have the funds to go over the top.

I have no idea what my options are, what's cheaper, what's junk, whats a bad way to do it, a good way to do it, I'm asking for help from the Jeep community.

I just wanna look cool mostly. I don't plan on rock crawling, though the thought of that sure sounds fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts