Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to change from 3.21 gears to 4.11 right now i have 31 10.50 tire on it and will be going 35s. Were is the best place to order gears and what kind should i get. I have a 2011 wrangler.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
What transmission do you have?

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
4:10 would be the minimum. You might do some reading on here and consider 4:88 instead.

·
Banned
764 Posts
4:10 would be the minimum. You might do some reading on here and consider 4:88 instead.
Thats the main reason i am leaning more for a rubi then a sahara is the 410 ratio and the full lockers would be nice too. But i can get 373 with sahara and that is not a whole lot of difference. What to you people think?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Getting the Rubi with the lockers and auto swaybar disconnect would still be kewl (The Dana 44 in the front is something I'd like to have on my Unlimited X) but 4.10 gears in the axles will prob still lug a little in higher gears on the manual 6 speed trans with the 35s (especially in hilly areas).

I have a 6 speed Unlimited X with 4.88s with 31" tires and turn approx 3114rpm at 70mph (verified with Superchips programmer and GPS unit). I thought 4.56s would have been too much at one point but I'm really glad I went with the 4.88s in the end. The Rubi also has a better transfer case with a 4.1 low range vs my Xs 2.72. Front and rear springs are also beefier on the Rubis.

I think the 4.56 ratio with larger tires wouldn't have been enough gear for me (personal preference) if I went to 33" or 35" tires but I also haven't ridden around in a JK with these gears so I can only speak for the 4.88s.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I will be regearing soon. I have the 6-speed manual spinning 35's. I am leaning toward the 4:56 for the freeway milage. It's a tough decision, 4:56 or 4:88...

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Were is the best place to order gears and what kind should i get.
I was day dreaming about this too the other day, though the time isn't right for me. There's a sponsoring vendor here on WF that seems to be offering good prices. I'm not a gear expert though, so I'm just comparing the prices to what you'd see in a Q-tec or 4wd catalog. Others may have comments/recommendations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts