Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to take just the hubs with necessary wheel hardware and somehow install them on stock JK without replacing the whole axle?

Obviously new wheels are necessary, since it's a Ford hub originally.

Quadratec offers a complete axle for $7,000. Rear axle is for $4,000. I suspect one needs to swap both at the same time, although I hope otherwise.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Do you mean the 35-spline Dana 60 hub? Warn doesn't sell the components to fit that to a Dana 30 or 44. Spyntec sells what is essentially a CJ hub with that's modified to fit the current Dana 30 and 44 axles made and has a tone ring. Teraflex sells a 8x6.5 Dana 60 hub that's modified to fit the stock JK front axles. Look at page 97 of the Teraflex catalog. I bought the Spyntec kit, and it's OK. The part number they gave for the inner shafts was wrong though and I'm still waiting on them to show up in the mail. I wish I knew about the Teraflex kit before I bought the Spyntec conversion, but it's too late now.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Do you wish to keep your stock rear Dana 44? I'm not certain if anyone makes makes 8x6.5 semi-float axleshafts. Interestingly enough, the Teraflex catalog also has a rear 8x6.5 full-float kit for the Dana 44. It would require some cutting and welding of the rear axle. You could also order wheel adapters for the rear axle if you didn't want to modify it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts